Women for WineSense believes that wine enhances and enriches everyday life. The organization provides women and men with unbiased information about the cultural heritage, social and health effects of moderate wine consumption as part of a healthy lifestyle. The organization is committed to offering educational programs and networking opportunities to wine enthusiasts and industry professionals.
The Finger Lakes Chapter formed this inaugural scholarship program in the fall of 2016 with the intent of providing support to an eligible chapter member for educational advancement in the field of wine education. The award selection is based on the applicant’s willingness to pursue an educational program of their own design to enhance their personal wine knowledge with the intention of giving back to the chapter and sharing the knowledge and benefits provided by the opportunity.
The Scholarship Program - Overview
- Applicants must be a member in good standing of Women for WineSense, Finger Lakes Chapter
- Deadline for application submission this year is December 31, 2017
- Selection of the scholarship recipient is made by the Officers of Women for WineSense, Finger Lakes Chapter
- Scholarships may only be applied toward wine education
- The award: Up to $500, plus a one-year Aficionado membership in Women for WineSense, Finger Lakes Chapter
- Award Disbursement: The winner will submit an initial Request for Payment Proposal to the chapter president by June 1, latest. This proposal can be as simple as an email, itemizing the date, item and cost of the event/conference/class, etc. Payment from the chapter can be in the form of reimbursement to the winner for expenses out of pocket, or payment made directly to an educational entity. Multiple Requests for Payment Proposals can be submitted during the year as events become available.
- The scholarship recipient is announced at the January monthly event following application submission.
- All applicants must be in attendance at the January event for winner announcement.
- The recipient agrees to be the presenter at the January monthly event the year following receiving the award. The report should include how the scholarship was used and what was learned.
- Failure to use the scholarship for the specific purposes outlined in the application before the end of the year will result in forfeiture.
- Likewise, a recipient will be asked to return monies that may have been disbursed directly to them but are not used for the purpose outlined in the Request for Payment Proposal, unless approved by the President.
- WWS Officers are available to assist in suggesting educational opportunities to help reach the $500 maximum if needed.
- Board Officers are not eligible for scholarship during their tenure
- Scholarship recipients will not be eligible to reapply for five years.
The Scholarship Program - Application Process
Click here to open the Dropbox folder which contains the scholarship application in both .pdf and Word formats.
Download and/or print the Women for WineSense, Finger Lakes Chapter, Scholarship Application form. If you have any trouble obtaining this form,
please contact us at this email: email@example.com
Complete it and submit:
- mail to Christine Maguire, 7448 County Road 153, Ovid, NY 14521, or deliver it to any Board member during the November or December monthly event in a sealed envelope addressed to Christine Maguire
All applications will be reviewed, discussed and voted on by the Officers of Women for WineSense, Finger Lakes Chapter.
The winner of the scholarship will be announced at the January monthly event. All applicants must be present.